A 1-hour session (middle-high intensity)
This is an example of a novice daily session of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (1 hour, individual, without specific tools):
- 5 minutes of warm-up (free soft kicks and at the same time self-infliction of blows with closed fists, medium-low intensity, read Conditioning to pain: hitting our body and How to correctly perform warm-up)
- 5 minutes of poles training (soft, with arms and legs, eventually with protections, read Basic tools: the pole)
- 5 minutes of free long jumping in all directions (rapid change, read for example 5 jumping exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up)
- 5 minutes of fabric cloth training (arms only, read Basic tools: the cloth)
- 5 minutes of fabric cloth training (legs only)
- 5 minutes of fabric cloth training (legs and arms)
- 5 minutes of single long stick and fabric cloth
- 5 minutes of different running with the rope in our hand rotating freely (lateral, backward, etc., read Stance and basic rotations of the rope)
- 5 minutes of controlled fallings (fast breakfalls, in all directions, read What are breakfalls and how to learn them)
- 5 minutes of abs (sequences of 25, read, for example, Exercise 1 for the abs to develop the muscle chain and Exercise 2 for the abs to develop the muscle chain)
- 5 minutes of left arm against right arm (parries, deflections, locks, liberations, etc., read Chin Na)
- 5 minutes of fast punch sequences / combinations (25 for each one, read How to punch (simple explanation))
This is a good training for who is starting to know the 6DKF, it is not dangerous and it does require a medium effort.
This time we have voluntarily) not included too specific tools, only specific exercises (arm against arm, etc.). A similar type of session can be easily performed even during holidays or business trips (read for example Convert into training targets “each” kind of object).
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.