Our body, in its entirety, must be ready to react instantly with a solid, liquid or fluid state based on the opponent stimuli and on our strategic choices.
When we are in close contact with our opponent, we must be able to change our state, swiftly and consistently, an exercise that helps us is the “Dragon control”, let’s see how it works:
- Let’s take one of our elastic ropes (without carabiners)
- Let’s start to move the rope over our wrists, forearms (etc.)
- Let ‘s allow the rope to slip on our arts
- The rope must not drop down to the floor
- We can not grab the rope with closing hands
- We have to launch, hit, rotate (etc.) the rope
- We must avoid the rope to twist on our arts and grab/lock us
- Let’s never stop the rope
- Let’s do not stand still, let’s move fast, freely and dynamically
- Let’s never forget that we are fighting (we have to try to execute attacks, defenses, etc.)
- Let’s free our mind, this exercise should be done instinctively, without thinking
- Let’s always try to perform difficult movements
This is an important variant (lightly harder) of the fabric exercise we talked about earlier; the goal is to accustom our bodies and our minds (mechanically and instinctively) to:
- Manage the tangle of the rope
- Find the equilibrium points of a very flexible object
- Apply the right strength in the right direction
By the time the results will be amazing, we will evolve enormously touch, spatial intelligence, coordination, reflexes and speed.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.