After making all the necessary premises about the exercises dedicated to the development of speed, we move on to describe the first: the vibrations.
Here’s how to perform it:
- Let’s eliminate any constraint, let’s wear comfortable clothes (baggy)
- Let’s free our foots from the shoes and let’s do a proper warm up
- Let’s choose an environment without obstacles, let’s free our mind and relax the body
- Every vibration that we are going to do must be repeated at least 50 times
- For the first execution sessions we maintain “rigid” the body parts that we vibrate
- Each series has to be performed at increasing speed / intensity (for a total time of 10-20 minutes)
So let’s see the three basic single vibrations:
- 1) By standing up and without move our feet from the ground, let’s vibrate our whole body (with particular attention to the abdomen and chest) up and down as if we want to jump (the arms remain stationary)
- 2) Balanced on one leg, we vibrate the other one externally / internally (and vice versa, first one, then the other), let’s concentrate the vibration on the knee
- 3) By standing up (with the rest of the body still), we vibrate our head to the right / left focusing on the jaw motion (let’s pay attention to this practice if we have neck problems)
This type of exercise, as it may seem unusual, is the cornerstone of our approach to the maximum speed that our body can express in combat; at the beginning we do not have the complete vision but after some time that we will follow this practice it will always be more clear its value.
In the next article we will see the asynchronous vibration, the circular ones and the evolution of these exercises.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.