Lesson 5 – How this Kung Fu guide is structured
Where does the idea of this course come from?
This complete online and free Kung Fu course is born from the idea that sharing is fantastic.
These are my personal convictions:
- The time in which the masters kept secrets the founding concepts of their martial arts is over
- Keeping something secret means guaranteeing its impoverishment and / or its disappearance in a few generations
- The 6 Dragons Kung Fu needs to be public to find out those great practitioners that will bring it to its highest level of expression
I hope you and each other practitioner will have the same sharing spirit with the people who will ask for your help.
How this guide is set
This guide is structured in this way:
- It is divided into modules, chapters, lessons (with links to in-depth articles)
- It starts from scratch (from beginner level) and arrives, gradually, to the most advanced concepts
- Lessons are made of general explanations, personal anecdotes, exercises, techniques, tips, etc.
- Language will try to be (as much as possible) simple and nothing will be taken for granted
- With the time it will be refreshed and enriched with new contents / corrections
- This guide and all the hours of dedication necessary for its preparation are funded by you through free donations (to donate 1$ / month go to 6DKF’s Patreon page)
These are the teaching principles at the base of 6 Dragons Kung Fu:
- All the workouts are structured to be as much effective as possible (workload, time management., etc.) and less monotonous as possible (read Same exercises, different execution)
- The didactic system is based on real applications, practice, tests and simulations (we always try to be as much scientific as possible)
- We do not teach esotericism, magic, false miraculous abilities, etc. (if you are searching for these things this is not the guide you are searching for)
- The martial evolution process is basically horizontal and allows the practitioner not to have to wait to proceed in what he already excels and to stay more time where he fails
- The difficulty stack of training (intensity, fighting contact, weapons, etc.) is completely gradual to allow to the biggest possible number of people to progress without problems
- You choose your limits and your goals, 6DKF’s training fits you (it does not matter if you are a skinny child or a member of special forces, here you can find your calibrated challenge)
Getting the most out of this guide
The best way to obtain something from these materials is to:
- Read each lesson at least 3 times (not as a magazine but seriously as a school manual)
- Do a sum, make a schematic summary of what you have understood and learned
- Train a lot and every day (as we have already said, theory is nothing without practice)
- Create and send videos about your daily training (it does not matter if they are public or private)
- Ask questions about what you do not understand, tell what you are doing, your progress and what you like (with comments, etc.)
- Discuss and share what you have acquired with your friends (on social networks, by voice, etc.)
- Make personal experimentation of what you learned (with a mind focused on safety and reason)
This manual is the perfect path for a beginner (and for an intermediate) practitioner but if you are an expert you can choose the arguments that you prefer navigating the index of contents and / or read the hundreds of articles on the 6DKF site.
Note: the introduction part is finished, the next lesson will be the second chapter of module 1: our first 6 Dragons Kung Fu training!
- How to learn faster – The point of view about training for a real Kung Fu practitioner.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.