A COMPLETE HOME STUDY TRAINING COURSE
BECOME A REAL
Lesson 3 – Physical and technical training
The characteristics of 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s training
To be able to build a good training plan it is first necessary to understand that:
- You have to train your body, your mind and your mind in relation to your body
- In martial arts there are endless varieties of possible training and most of them have excellent reasons to exist
- Although the 6 Dragons Kung Fu includes thousands of different exercises, many of these will only be marginal (weekly, monthly, etc.)
- To be able to excel you must make choices and exclusions (based on your perspectives, needs, etc.)
- The type and intensity of the psychophysical conditioning you will be subjected to will be different depending on the use you will want to make with it (self-defense, wellness, combat sports, etc.)
- In 6DKF basic formation, the heart of training is the same for everyone and is based on a few exercises
Basic technical training
These are the workouts (free body and weapons) that distinguish the 6 Dragons Kung Fu in its second phase (read Lesson 2.1):
- Fabric Cloth Training (read Basic tools: the cloth)
- Hanging Speedballs (read Basic tools: the hanging speedball)
- Poles Training (read Basic tools: the pole)
- Conditioning (read Physical conditioning: how it works)
- Sparring (read How to do sparring)
Even without learning the fighting techniques of our style, these workouts and their variants are (almost) sufficient to create a decent fighter.
Of course we will not stop here but the central idea of this passage is precisely that of inducing the autonomous development of its own “raw” combat system, based on solid bases of direct experience and experimentation (read Lesson 2.1).
The basic physical workouts
The physical workouts of phase 2 are much more common but not less important, let’s just mention a few:
- Crawl on the ground
- Regeneration exercises
At the heart of the practice inevitably follows the multitude of:
- Secondary physical exercises
- Secondary technical exercises
- Psychological exercises
- Application of a first technical sector
- Variants / handicaps to be applied to the previous ones
In the next lesson you will see how to prepare your training sessions and some practical examples.
- How to train in 6DKF: specific exercises – A view of the next phase fundamental exercise categories.
- Sparring – The various kind of sparring of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
This content will be published on 22 February 2018 but you will be able to see it much sooner. Become a supporter of the 6 Dragons Kung Fu to see this content right away (donations start at only 1€ per month!): https://www.patreon.com/6dragonskungfu Important: after becoming a supporter do not forget to communicate your e-mail here or […]
This content will be published on 18 February 2018 but you will be able to see it much sooner. Become a supporter of the 6 Dragons Kung Fu to see this content right away (donations start at only 1€ per month!): https://www.patreon.com/6dragonskungfu Important: after becoming a supporter do not forget to communicate your e-mail here or […]
Lesson 2 – Basic discipline, stamina and automations Welcome to the second stage of training After the first phase of adaptation of body and mind, it is necessary to establish training sessions: Balanced from the point of view of effort, so as to keep the practitioner ready to fight at any time Calibrated (at the […]
In this article we are going to compare 5 attitudes of a good instructor with 5 of a bad one; the idea is to be able to recognize immediately poor teachers. Humble or arrogant? The good master: He has self-esteem He does not hide his limits He never claims to be an expert The bad […]
Lesson 2 – The first steps Important checks before starting If you have never brought your body to high levels of physical / mental effort, forget what you think you know about yourself. We have to start from scratch. Remember, 2 are the enemies of a good practitioner: The rush to overcome his limits (stupidity) […]
Lesson 1 – The basics of 6 Dragons Kung Fu The construction steps of a 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s warrior In this chapter we will discuss: The fundamental training The physical and technical workouts The basic training tools Now, after mentioning what is the inverted learning process of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (read Lesson 0.4) […]
Lesson 3 – My first training session How a 6DKF’s training session is structured Generally, a 6 Dragons Kung Fu training session is divided into 5 parts: Warm up (effort preparation for muscles, tendons, etc.) Basic training (middle-level intensity) Explosive training (high-level intensity) Endurance training (middle-level intensity) Cooldown (low-level intensity) Each of these parts is […]
Lesson 4 – How to prepare for the effort A small preparation for Kung Fu In the next chapter we will discuss the foundation of 6 Dragons Kung Fu but, first, you need to prepare your body and your mind. At this point: We assume that you have obtained a positive medical opinion about the […]