A HOME STUDY TRAINING COURSE
BECOME A REAL
Show your support and share your Kung Fu:
Kung Fu near me (a free online Kung Fu course)
How to train safely: what you need to train
In this video, we rapidly talk about how to choose / adapt a training area to start your practice (follow our free online Kung Fu course) and how to manage the people around you.
- In this lesson, we are going to talk about what you need and what you do not need in your training.
- To be prepared for the practice, you need: a bottle of water, a clean towel, the uniform and a notebook (to write, after the lesson, notes
about the lesson, ideas, reflections, dubs, etc.).
- You also need medicals at your fingertips: hydrogen peroxide, patches, band-aid (etc.)
- When you train alone, you need someone to know (as we said in the last lesson) where you are and what you are doing. If something should happen to you, you must have someone to call in a timely manner.
- What you need and what not: watches, jewels, bracelets, rings, earrings, necklaces, piercings (etc.); you have to remove everything during the practice.
- When I was when just starting, I remember losing a necklace in a thousand pieces (after a strangle) and it was very very frustrating.
- Now 3 tips on how to prepare your mind before the practice: the first thing is a minute of silence, concentration and meditation (if possible, if you’re used to); two, the fact of wearing the uniform is an important “ritual” that helps you to get into the martial mentality (it is not only a cultural or a traditional reference); three, you can eventually use an appropriate music (energetic but not exasperated, pleasant but not misleading, cyclical but not annoying and in 99% of the cases, without words, they distract our concentration).
- How to be comfortable in martial practice, for example, if you have long hair, you must absolutely adjust them together to fix them (when you’re practicing, if they move, it is not good for you and for your eventual partners).
- You have to wear appropriate underwear, even if it should be logical and in particular, about the uniform, it must not limit your movements (you have to perfectly choose your uniform, it must not make you stumble, it has to be your size and especially, it has to be worn in the correct way so you do not feel ridiculous).
- What not to do before the practice: it is not good to train during digestion, you have to avoid eating from 1 hour before the lesson, it is very important (these rules should also be applied for alcohol, smoking, drugs and all those substances that can alter your physical and mental state).
- The video is provided with manually-created subtitles, in English and in Italian
- If you do not see the subtitles, you have to click on the relative icon on the bottom of the video area
In-depth courses and guides
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – A video course about the most important exercises of 6DKF
- Basic free hand fighting techniques – A learning path related to the basic combat techniques of 6DKF
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- Is something missing? Is there anything else important to have or to do?
Kung Fu near me (a free online Kung Fu course) How to train safely: training area and external people In this video, we rapidly talk about how to choose / adapt a training area to start your practice (follow our free online Kung Fu course) and how to manage the people around you. Lesson 2 Today […]
1 million voices, 1 million opinions For every teacher / practitioner who we will meet, we will find different opinions on every single aspect of martial arts (starting from the general terms, up to the smallest technical detail): Who will say that their method is older and therefore more refined Who will say that their method […]
An advanced version of the fabric cloth training The hanging speedball exercise (read Basic tools: the cloth) is one of the fundamental technical training of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (read ). The idea is always to imagine to face real opponents but the risk to get used to the dynamics of the basic version of […]
Is the overall view a suppressed instinct? Continuing the discussion about the overall view (read The overall view: see everything, do not look at anything) we want to start to understand how to develop it. The first things to know are that: The overall view is a skill that most of the animals possess (especially if […]
Sparring: what is and what is its purpose Sparring is the most realistic simulation of a real struggle but it happens in a safe, respectful and controlled way (read Dojo (guan): rules, respect and etiquette). In 6 Dragons Kung Fu we have 2 choices: If we (legitimately) want to practice for health, fitness, wellness, cultural […]